By Emerson A. M. Abreu, Paulo Cesar Carrião (auth.), Thierry Cazenave, David Costa, Orlando Lopes, Raúl Manásevich, Paul Rabinowitz, Bernhard Ruf, Carlos Tomei (eds.)
This quantity represents a huge survey of present examine within the fields of nonlinear research and nonlinear differential equations. it really is devoted to Djairo G. de Figueiredo at the party of his 70th birthday. the gathering of 34 study and survey articles displays the big variety of pursuits of Djairo de Figueiredo, together with:
- quite a few forms of nonlinear partial differential equations and platforms, particularly equations of elliptic, parabolic, hyperbolic and combined type;
- equations of Schrödinger, Maxwell, Navier-Stokes, Bernoulli-Euler, Seiberg-Witten, Caffarelli-Kohn-Nirenberg;
- life, strong point and multiplicity of solutions;
- severe Sobolev progress and attached phenomena;
- qualitative homes, regularity and form of solutions;
- inequalities, a-priori estimates and asymptotic behavior;
- a variety of functions to types comparable to asymptotic membranes, nonlinear plates and inhomogeneous fluids.
The contributions of such a lot of distinct mathematicians to this quantity rfile the significance and lasting impact of the mathematical study of Djairo de Figueiredo. The e-book therefore is a resource of latest rules and effects and may attract graduate scholars and mathematicians drawn to nonlinear problems.
Read Online or Download Contributions to Nonlinear Analysis: A Tribute to D.G. de Figueiredo on the Occasion of his 70th Birthday PDF
Similar nonfiction_7 books
Eugene Burger is an American magician. He was once born in 1939 and is predicated in Chicago, Illinois. he's reputed for his close-up talents and his paintings in mentalism and peculiar magic. he's additionally a thinker and a historian of faith.
Philosophy of brain has been probably the most lively fields in philosophy for the earlier 3 many years. some of the most major components within the improvement of this self-discipline has been the emergence of cognitive technology and the curiosity philosophers have taken within the empirical examine of brain. one other both vital issue has been the "naturalistic tum" caused via W.
"Catalysis is extra artwork than science", most likely all of you might have heard or even used this expression. if it is actual or now not, it alludes to the adventure that new catalysts are demanding to discover, and close to very unlikely to foretell. labor and a life of adventure is useful. even though, a prepared brain could provide perception into the place to go looking, yet now not unavoidably approximately the place to discover the solutions.
- Course Tech IT Project Course Prep ExamGuide
- Gregory Wilson's hundy 500
- Topics in quantum field theory: Renormalization groups in Hamiltonian framework and baryon structure in a non-local QCD model
- Inverse Schrödinger scattering in three dimensions
- Finsler Geometry: An Approach via Randers Spaces
Extra resources for Contributions to Nonlinear Analysis: A Tribute to D.G. de Figueiredo on the Occasion of his 70th Birthday
3. The semilinear Maxwell equations Here we report some results contained in  where a unitarian ﬁeld theory, based on a semilinear perturbation of the Maxwell equations, has been introduced. We modify the usual Maxwell action in the empty space Sm (ϕ, A) = ∂A +∇ϕ ∂t 1 2 2 − |∇ × A| 2 dxdt in the following way: S= 1 2 2 ∂A 2 2 +∇ϕ − |∇ × A| + W |A| − ϕ2 ∂t dxdt (25) where W : R → R. 2 2 The argument of W is |A| − |ϕ| in order to make this expression invariant for the Poincar´e group and the equations consistent with special relativity.
24, Birkhauser Boston, 1996. Claudianor O. S. br Progress in Nonlinear Diﬀerential Equations and Their Applications, Vol. 66, 33–52 c 2005 Birkh¨ auser Verlag Basel/Switzerland A Unitarian Approach to Classical Electrodynamics: The Semilinear Maxwell Equations Vieri Benci and Donato Fortunato Dedicated to our friend Djairo 1. Introduction The study of the relation of matter and the electromagnetic ﬁeld is a classical, intriguing problem both from physical and mathematical point of view. In the framework of a classical relativistic theory particles must be considered pointwise.
By the Hodge decomposition theorem, the vector ﬁeld A : R3 → R3 in (61) can be splitted as A = u + v = u + ∇w (62) where u : R3 → R3 is a divergence free vector ﬁeld (∇ · u = 0) and v : R3 → R3 is a potential vector ﬁeld, v = ∇w (w scalar ﬁeld). Since f is strictly convex, for every u with ∇ · u = 0, we can ﬁnd a scalar ﬁeld w0 which minimizes the functional w→ f (u + ∇w) . Set w0 = Φ (u) . Replacing (62) in (2) with w = Φ (u) , we get a new functional J(u) := E (u, Φ (u)) = 1 2 |∇u| − f (u + ∇Φ (u)) dx 2 which depends only on u.